You have decided to enhance your appearance with Restylane. Great choice! What you may not know is that the Restylane family is comprised of a number of fillers, with each one targeting different aspects of facial aging.
The Restylane family of fillers are made up of hyaluronic acid (HA). In our younger years, hyaluronic acid keeps our skin hydrated and healthy by attracting and absorbing water. However, as we age, our skin’s HA stores are naturally depleted, which leaves our skin looking dry, deflated, and causes fine line and wrinkles to become increasingly prominent.
Restylane, Restylane Lyft, and Restylane Silk have each been specially designed to replace and refill the naturally occurring HA that our skin loses as it ages. Mimicking our skin’s own hyaluronic acid, Restylane is able to moisturize our skin from the inside-out. The Restylane family of fillers restores our skin’s own hyaluronic acid supply and significantly reduces signs of aging.
Each Form of Restylane has a Purpose
- Restores a youthful appearance by correcting volume, fullness, and elasticity
- Restylane corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as the nasolabial folds, the lines that run from your nose to corners of your mouth)
- Restylane takes advantage of a mid-to-deep injection technique
In a clinical trial, 95 percent of study participants saw results that lasted upwards of 18 months after their initial Restylane treatment.
- Designed specifically to enhance the lips, Restylane Silk adds fullness as well as structure to aging lips
- Restylane Silk can also be used around the lips to fill-in and smooth pesky lip lines.
- Restylane Silk is made of smaller particles and takes advantage of an ultrafine needle to deliver precise results
Following their treatment, 98 percent of subjects saw visible improvement in lip fullness—of those, 76 percent continued to see improvement six months on.
- For the correction of age-related volume loss in the mid-face (cheeks)
- Restylane Lyft enhances facial contours by addressing deficiencies
- Restylane Lyft is injected deep into the facial tissues to provide the most amount of lift and restoration
After two months, 95 percent reported that they were satisfied with the appearance of their mid-face.
Finding the Right Form of Restylane for You
The type of Restylane you that Dr. Castor will use depends on the location, severity of aging, as well as what you hope to achieve. With each new form of filler, Restylane has become more targeted—working towards new, and better, ways to better enhance your appearance.
Still not sure what is the right filler for you? Dr. Castor can help! Let us at Artisan Aesthetics Plastic Surgery & Laser Center help you find the best form of Restylane for you and your unique needs.