Do you have lumpy and dimpled skin on your buttocks? Maybe it’s been there your whole life, or maybe it’s something you’ve started to notice with age. This condition is cellulite – and it can be treated with an injectable called QWO®.
Here are several pros and cons to consider when deciding if QWO is a good fit for you.
Pros of QWO
As the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment for cellulite, QWO offers many exciting benefits, including that:
- It’s minimally invasive: QWO is changing the world of cellulite reduction. It’s a great alternative to the slightly more invasive or surgical options that were previously used to treat dimpled skin.
- Treatments are quick and relatively painless: The injections are done with a needle that’s similar to what’s used for BOTOX® Cosmetic or your favorite filler. There’s no anesthesia, aftercare, or recovery time required.
- It can safely treat all skin types and tones: 30% of clinical trial participants had light brown to very dark skin tones. Those are Fitzpatrick skin types IV-VI.
- Visible improvement may be achieved in 10 weeks: You will likely notice less dimpling after 3 treatments given 21 days apart. We’ll work with you to build your perfect treatment schedule.
- It was put to the test: QWO has been studied in more patients than any other FDA-approved treatment for cellulite. Over 1,800 women participated in the clinical trials. You can feel confident knowing that it went through rigorous tests for safety and efficacy.
Cons of QWO
For all of its advantages, QWO can come with a few drawbacks, including that it:
- Only works on true cellulite: Several skin conditions can cause your backside to be less than smooth. You might be dealing with sagging, lax, or wavy skin. QWO doesn’t treat those textural irregularities – it only works on tight cellulite dimples.
- Requires multiple treatments: QWO isn’t a one-and-done solution. You’ll need a series of treatments to achieve the best outcome. If you’re looking for something that works faster, you might want to consider Cellfina®.
Let’s Focus on You!
Are you ready to learn about pros and cons that might be specific to your situation? Call 813-971-2000 today to schedule a complimentary consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stan Castor. Artisan Aesthetics Plastic Surgery and Laser Center serves Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas of Florida.