A mommy makeover is a customized combination of plastic surgery procedures. It’s often performed to reverse unwanted physical changes caused by pregnancy and childbirth. Ahead are some of the cosmetic and functional benefits you can enjoy from this popular surgical plan.
Mommy Makeover Benefits
Mommy makeovers are designed to address each patient’s unique concerns. You might decide to incorporate procedures such as breast augmentation, liposuction, a breast lift, or a tummy tuck. While your results will vary based on your chosen surgical plan, potential benefits include:
- Fuller and/or perkier breasts: Your breasts go through a lot of changes when you have kids. Fortunately, surgery can help restore their appearance. Implants are a great way to add back some lost volume, while a breast lift can correct any sagging or drooping.
- A flatter stomach: Many moms are left with excess skin and fat on their stomachs after giving birth. A tummy tuck targets these issues to improve your abdominal contours. It can even help tighten your six-pack muscles if they are weak or separated.
- Improvement in medical issues: Mommy makeovers aren’t purely cosmetic. You might notice an improvement in problems like diastis recti, back pain, and urinary incontinence.
- Stretch mark reduction: There’s a good chance that a tummy tuck can help with pregnancy stretch marks, as well as C-section and hysterectomy scars on your lower abdomen. However, it depends on their location and the extent of your procedure.
- Boosted self-confidence: Many moms struggle to feel their best when faced with all of the ways their bodies have changed. A mommy makeover might have the important benefit of helping you feel more confident and beautiful in your new role.
- A streamlined surgical experience: A mommy makeover is often performed during a single surgical visit. That also means that it comes with just one recovery period.
Learn More During a Free Consultation
Artisan Aesthetics Plastic Surgery and Laser Center serves patients from Tampa Bay and nearby areas of Florida. We can’t wait to help you achieve your body goals through surgery.